Friday, November 19, 2010

Feckless

The Boss Man told me I'd hit the trifecta the other night. (Does one say "hit the perfect trifecta?" Or is that redundant?)

He came in from out of town all bedraggled and worn out. Poor guy had driven to Louisiana the night prior and got stuck in traffic until 3:30 am and then went to meetings all day and drove back to TX the next night. Pulled in to our house around 11. Ouch.

Meanwhile I'd taken nyquil and gone to bed with the kids around 8:30. Also ouch, if you count that I've been hacking and sneezing all week. But nonetheless, I had gone to bed at 8 pm. Drugged on cold meds. With both kids snuggled into our bed with me. Delicious.

Apparently I had also:

1. Left the car unlocked.
2. Left the front door unlocked.
3. Left the back door unlocked.

TRIFECTA! I WON!!!

oops. I was also in trouble.

My parents used to call me feckless. You don't have to go look it up. It means "inattentive to detail." Pretty much sums me up. Apparently I spent most of my childhood with my head in the clouds. At least it explains Quirky. I could give a rats ass about the details. Appreciate them, but pretty much only can't focus.

which brings me to my new favorite website:

www.shitmywiferuined.com

I like to send golden little nuggets to The Boss Man so he can see the humor in his wife's flaws. It seems to help.




2 comments:

  1. I heard about the traffic jam, so glad mine went the other way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome-feckless-still love you. :)

    ReplyDelete