Saturday, September 11, 2010

Obviously

Like an episode of Seinfeld there has been a repeating little theme to my week. The other day I was at an appointment and there was a copy of that "O" magazine on the waiting room coffee table. The big question on the front cover promising some insightful article was "What do you really believe?"

Then I was perusing blogs last night during a bout of insomnia and I read the first line of another mommy blog: "I don't believe in strict discipline."

And of course the other day I was embroiled in my inner beliefs about the "elements" in public schools.

So I started thinking about it. What do I really believe in?

That my loved ones will always be safe and healthy? no.

That my faith will never change or I will never have periods of doubt or uncertainty in my faith? no.

That I should always eat an apple a day? no.

In aliens? no.

I'm not sure that I really and truly believe in anything.

oh yeah- I do!!

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."


No comments:

Post a Comment